One dozen long-stemmed red roses are a Valentine’s Day tradition. However, you may seek other ideas, especially if your partner is not so traditional. The nice thing about flowers is that they are always a romantic gesture, and your arrangement ideas are only limited by imagination. And remember, there are other living, growing things your partner may enjoy, too. Here are some new ideas for flower arrangements in Washington County, NE this Valentine’s Day:
- Flower baskets: Cut flowers are beautiful, but they never seem to last long enough. Even when you try to prolong their lives, no one enjoys the day when their beauty fades forever. Potted flower baskets are an excellent option for those who love to grow plants and want their flowers to stay alive a bit longer. We can mix African violets, azaleas and other flowers so your partner receives a good mix of live flowers.
- Mixed bouquets: You can go with roses, but consider other flowers to accompany them. Add cornflowers, daffodils or even daisies. While lilies are often associated with funerals, they also make a nice addition to arrangements, especially when you choose bright colors. Since February tends to be a dour month, the more vibrant colors you can choose, the better. In addition to providing a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift, you will also bring the brightness of spring into any work or home environment.
- Other types of roses: Red roses are traditionally associated with this holiday, but roses come in many colors, sizes and textures. Mini rose bushes can be delivered live, and later on, your loved one can plant them in their yard or let them grow in pots on a porch. Roses grow in multi-colored varieties where yellow fades into peach or red and white produce a tie-dyed look. When you talk about roses, you are discussing a diverse species that comes in many varieties. You can create a rose arrangement as unique as the person you love.
- Green plants: While these are technically not flower arrangements, they can make a great gift for that aspiring gardener who loves things that grow. Green plants are not just leaves, but have a variety of textures, and some even bloom every few years. Another advantage is that they are easier to care for than an African violet or chrysanthemum. There are many uses for green plants, too, from an ornamental kitchen embellishment to another way to brighten an office. We also offer palm plants in beautiful and tasteful baskets that match any preference.
- Unique vases: Our long-stemmed roses often arrive in a beautiful traditional vase, but there are other options, too. We offer a smaller arrangement of red and pink roses in a square vase, and we even color the water to offset the design. Our ideas range from timeless to modern. If you are looking for something different, we can help you find it.
For flower arrangements in Washington County, NE, as well as plants and other gifts for Valentine’s Day, call or visit Country Gardens Blair Florist. We also offer delivery!