Have you arranged flowers for your sweetheart yet this year? It would be a sad Valentine’s Day if your sweetheart’s favorite flower sold out before her bouquet was ordered. To avoid the mad rush on roses, get in touch with your florist sooner rather than later. This will ensure you have the best selection of flower bouquets in Washington County, NE.
Want to do something other than roses? Perhaps your valentine has a different favorite, or you simply want to be unique. Here are a few ideas to get the romance flowing.
Fresh flower ideas
- Rose bouquets: If you want to stick with traditional, but give it a bit of flare, choose a bouquet of roses accented with other selections, such as lilies, baby’s breath, or white orchids to complement red roses.
- Wildflowers: These are especially appropriate if your sweetheart loves the outdoors or has a “country” soul. A beautiful blend of wildflowers brings the rural indoors and adds a bit of summer to a mid-winter holiday.
- Single blooms: This option takes a bit more creativity. Instead of showing up with an entire bouquet, give your valentine single blooms throughout the day or week. Place them where they will be found by surprise. A single flower placed on a book, pillow, desk, countertop, car seat, or anywhere else your sweetheart will encounter them during her day can add romance throughout the holiday.
- Irises: The word iris means rainbow, and these flowers can be found in a variety of colors. Options include blue and purple, white and yellow, pink and orange, or even black (but, stay away from black for this occasion). They are simple but elegant, and can make a beautiful bouquet for Valentine’s Day.
- Choose a color: Is your valentine obsessed with orange? Does she absolutely love the color blue? A great option for her bouquet is to simply choose an arrangement based on her favorite hue. Tell your florist what color you would like, and have them create an arrangement of flowers that will delight your valentine with a vase full of her favorite color.
- Choose a scent: Does your honey have a favorite smell? Have you noticed the lotions, candles, and perfumes she enjoys typically have a certain scent? Choose an arrangement with this aroma. Lavender and hyacinth are popular scents.
- Daisies: To add cheerfulness to your romance, choose daisies. These are known for symbolizing beauty and purity, and are available in many bright colors, providing an additional meaning of cheerfulness. The are sure to brighten your valentine’s day.
- Tulips: These are stylish and elegant, and also available in a variety of colors. They are often a good choice because they are classic, symbolizing perfect love. They are also typically quite affordable.
- Gardenias: For a strong scent and a symbol of deep, long-lasting love, gardenias are a good choice. Typically sold as single blooms (and on the pricier side) they definitely make a statement about your feelings for your valentine.
Make arrangements while there’s still time
Keep in mind this is an extremely busy season for flower sales. Contact your florist as soon as possible to ensure you get the best selection of flower bouquets in Washington County, NE.
Your florist can also help you choose the best option if you are unsure of which flowers to send. Contact Country Gardens Blair Florist today to give your special someone something extra special.