When you think of wintertime weather, Christmas and everything else that comes with the season, flowers are probably the last thing on your mind. But, alongside the Christmas tree and the mistletoe hanging above your head, there are numerous types of wintertime flowers that can breathe life into this chilly time of year—and they’re coming into season quickly!
That’s right, wintertime flowers and Christmas flower arrangements in Washington County, NE will soon be here and ready for you to bring into your own homes! Fall may be just coming upon us with the shift in temperatures and changing leaves, but that just means the winter season is right around the corner, ready to bring about the hectic holidays and the floral varieties that have come to define this season.
Can’t seem to think of any holiday flowers? Take a look at a few popular varieties you’re likely to see this year in wintertime flower arrangements in Washington County, NE:
- Poinsettias: This perennial is perhaps the most popular wintertime flower and one that appears without fail each holiday season. Poinsettias are great as standalone plants and can also be inserted into arrangements for a glaring red accent that’s truly on par with the colors of the holiday.
- Christmas cactus: This is a bit less renowned in the scope of seasonal flowers, but one that most people recognize by sight. Christmas cactus is actually called “Schlumbergera” and is found in more temperate climates—because it is a member of the cactus family—however the blooming red, pink and white flowers combined with the green of the plant itself have become synonymous with Christmas time.
- Holly: Holly is another oft-forgot but immediately recognized seasonal plant that will bring cheer and life to any Christmas flower arrangement in Washington County, NE! Holly is a beautiful accent to floral bouquets and can also be a great standalone decoration on the tree or throughout the home.
- Christmas rose: A softer rose variety that gleams brilliant white in any bouquet it’s a part of, this flower is tremendously popular in all types of seasonal arrangements. Non-imposing, but beautiful in its own right, this is a must-add flower if you’re sprucing up your home for winter with bouquets and arrangements.
- Mistletoe: Let’s not forget about the most important piece of holiday flora this season! Mistletoe is known for its ability to give you smooching rights to anyone standing under it, but far and above being a way to snag a kiss, this piece of holiday décor can be used much in the same way as holly—to accent your home and your tree!
The above flower and plant variations are about to come into season, which means you should absolutely start thinking about how to incorporate them into your holiday décor and home prep! All it takes is a poinsettia plant here and there, some holly or mistletoe accents and a nice bouquet featuring Christmas roses to truly breathe life into a season that’s known more for its harsh weather than its beautiful flora.