If you are not very familiar with all things floral, it can be difficult to know if certain flower arrangements are worth paying for. As a full service florist that sells floral arrangements in Washington County, NE, we have fielded many questions from curious or reluctant customers who are not sure what makes for a strong bouquet. And because these arrangements are so often given as gifts or used as centerpieces, the stakes are often pretty high.
If you want to wow with your next floral arrangement, but cannot tell chrysanthemums from cacti, just follow these six simple tips:
- Strong foundation: Any beautiful piece of art or craftsmanship needs a strong foundation to support the decorative elements. In this case, that means that your floral arrangement should have an attractive, neutral vase, and a durable, pleasant selection of leaves or neutral flowers to serve as the design’s base. Once you have a strong foundation, building a nice arrangement becomes a lot easier.
- Face flowers out: Many florists make the mistake of only thinking vertically when making floral arrangements in Washington County, NE. Ideally, a floral arrangement should be beautiful from any angle, not just when looking at the top. This means that some large flowers should be faced out around the entire arrangement, so that there is something to grab attention from each side.
- Exquisite filler: If you have recently visited several different florists, you might be wondering why some floral arrangements look robust and lively, while others look weak and skimpy. The secret is in the details: floral filler. Using filler like lavender, pine leaves or any neutral floral option will give your arrangement a full, pleasing look.
- Clear perspective: Different florists have different philosophies about how “perfect” a floral arrangement should look. If you don’t know what your recipient prefers, shoot for something in the middle. The arrangement should not look uneven or hastily thrown together, but it should also not appear too perfectly manicured, as this can often lend a fake appearance to the arrangement. When you see the perfect balance, you will probably know it.
- Freshness: No matter how skilled a florist may be, that fails to matter if the foliage they are using fails the freshness test. Make sure your flowers appear fresh enough to last several days, and make sure they always have fresh water. Most florists will also give you a free packet of “flower food” with the arrangement, so be sure to use it.
- Natural randomness: Again, a floral arrangement is a work of art, and it should strike a balance between perfection and character. Many florists like to try to mimic the freeness of nature, by throwing in a few random flowers that don’t quite fit in, but that add an extra layer of artfulness to the bouquet.
When you visit Country Gardens Blair Florist for floral arrangements in Washington County, NE, you won’t have to worry about whether not our selection is high quality. Come by today to see what we can do for you!