Dance recitals are an exciting time for participants and their loved ones, no matter what the age or style of dance may be. This is the dancer’s chance to show off his or her hard work and skills, and their loved ones’ opportunity to show their support and take pride in what their family member or friend has accomplished.
To mark such a special occasion, families and friends often give flowers and other gifts to the dancers after the show. If you have a loved one with a recital coming up, you likely want to make sure your gift is appropriate and beautiful. As a flower shop in Washington County, NE, well sell a lot of bouquets and gift items whenever there’s a dance recital in the area. We know which flowers are popular and fitting, and are happy to share our knowledge with you. Read on to find out what the best flowers and gifts are for dance recitals.
- Roses: Red roses are the most traditional flowers to give at any kind of performance, with the practice stretching back centuries and more. Roses symbolize love, passion and beauty, making them the perfect way to show your appreciation for the dance recital.
- Lilies: Though they are a less common option than roses, lilies’ versatility of color make them a strong choice, particularly if you want a flower that will match your dancer’s costume. Because lilies even come in more “masculine” colors, they are also considered appropriate gifts for male dancers as well as female ones.
- Carnations: Like lilies, carnations also offer many different options when it comes to colors. Carnations are also significantly less expensive than roses. If you have multiple bouquets to give out, or just don’t know the dancer especially well, carnations are a good way to make the dancer feel special without breaking your budget.
- Vases: As a flower shop in Washington County, NE, we see a lot of bouquets being bought each day, but few people stop to think about what will happen to these lovely flowers after the celebration is over. Giving your dancer a tasteful matching vase to keep his or her flowers in is a nice extra step to take. They’ll think about you every time they look at their flowers over the next few days, and in the future when they’re inspired to reuse the vase.
- Jewelry: If you want to give your dancer a more permanent gift, jewelry makes for a fine alternative or addition to flowers. You can find dance-themed jewelry at many shops and online, but remember to try to reflect the personality of the dancer when choosing the jewelry.
- Fit the theme: If the dance recital has a specific theme, such as the Nutcracker or a celebration of spring, you might want to make sure your flowers or other gifts fit the theme of the performance. And if the dance recital marks a special occasion, such as a graduation from dance school or other important achievement, give your dancer a gift that reflects that.
For all of your floral needs during the spring and summer dance recital season, visit Country Gardens Blair Florist!