Memorial Day weekend is coming up, which means it’s time to fire up the grill, invite friends over and take the time to remember and show appreciation for the military veterans in your life. Whether Memorial Day for you is more about welcoming the beginning of summer or remembering those dear to you, you can find flower arrangements in Washington County, NE that symbolize both your patriotic pride as well as your excitement for the warmer months ahead.
As a florist that specializes in celebratory flower arrangements in Washington County, NE, we’re happy to give you whatever flowers and bouquets you want for your Memorial Day celebration or remembrance. But there are a few themes and flowers that fit the spirit of the day particularly well. Here are a few ideas you might want to consider for your flower arrangements in Washington County, NE.
- Patriotic colors: Red, white and blue bouquets are a lovely option for Memorial Day, whether you’re using them to decorate your barbecue party or laying them on a soldier’s grave. You can even go further in decorating them by adding flags, ribbons and colored planters. There are a wide variety of red, white and blue colored flowers, but below are a few of our favorites.
- Lilies: Lilies serve a dual purpose in our Memorial Day arrangements. In purely aesthetic terms, their delicate white color makes for a perfect addition to an American flag themed bouquet. And lilies also symbolize grieving and sympathy, and are among the most common flower choices for funerals. This makes lilies an appropriate choice for the day when our country remembers those who have died in military service.
- Roses: Whether in bold red or lovely white, roses are also a strong addition to any patriotic Memorial Day floral arrangement. Red roses symbolize courage and love, and a single rose inside of an arrangement can represent love for someone who has passed away.
- Blue daisies: When it comes time to pick the blue floral addition to Memorial Day arrangements, you have several options. Blue daisies, however, are tall and strong enough to stand together with flowers like lilies and roses. Blue daisies also have flecks of yellow in them, to add an unexpected color to your bouquet and also symbolize the approaching summer season.
- Hydrangeas: For a white alternative to lilies, consider hydrangeas, which are a much sturdier option. Hydrangeas can also symbolize a person’s gratitude, making it a fine flower to use when remembering our veterans.
- Sunflowers: If you choose not to go with a literal patriotic color scheme, you might instead want to pick a flower that evokes warm weather, sunny days and joyfulness. A big bouquet of sunflowers will help put your family and guests in a celebratory mood, and will hopefully foreshadow the many happy summer days to come.
If you have any questions about Memorial Day flower arrangements, please don’t hesitate to contact Country Gardens Blair Florist. We look forward to creating a custom arrangement just for you.