We know you may have just gotten around to putting away all your winter holiday decorations, but now Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Whether you’re celebrating with a spouse of 30 years, a new flame or even your platonic best friend, flowers are a classic and beautiful way to express your affections. Here are some suggestions from your local florist in Washington County, NE for making the most of your Valentine’s Day.
- Be original. Rather than picking up the cliché red roses from your local grocery store that will likely start drooping before you’ve finished your Valentine’s Day dinner, this year you should think ahead and figure out what floral arrangement your special someone would really appreciate. If they have a favorite flower other than a rose, that’s an obvious choice, and you can also browse your local flower shop to see what stands out as something that reflects their unique personality. Whatever you end up picking, they’ll likely love it just because it came from you.
- Stay ahead of the curve. If you’ve ever had to settle for the last sad, slightly rotting rose because you put off buying flowers until the night of February 13th, you know that Valentine’s Day is a holiday for those that plan ahead. Whether you’re ordering a special delivery or picking up a bouquet directly from the florist, allow yourself at least a few days to make sure you aren’t stuck with the leftovers.
- Don’t forget the card. At Country Gardens Blair Florist, we believe our flower arrangements speak for themselves, but your loved on will also probably appreciate a few kind works from you in the form of a card. Many florists include a card by default, so think about a nice, succinct message you can convey. Especially if you’re sending the flowers to someone far away, a personalized note will be the perfect finishing touch.
- Accessories your flowers. Flowers, of course, are the main event on Valentine’s Day, but what significant other wouldn’t love to also be showered with chocolates, candles and wine? Many florists include deluxe packages that include many of these items, or you can put together your own package full of things you know your better half would love, with the flowers at the center of it all.
- Know your flower symbolism. You probably know that red roses mean romance, white roses mean purity and yellow roses mean friendship. But there’s a whole lot more symbolism attached to different flowers that can serve as a fun starting point when figuring out which bouquet would best represent your feelings. Gerbera daises represent cheerfulness, tulips mean perfect love, Peruvian lilies symbolize devotion, casa blanca lilies represent style, orchids symbolize strength, carnations are a sign of new love, sunflowers represent happiness, irises symbolize royalty and gardenias represent old fashioned love. Hopefully these symbols already have your creative juices flowing!
We hope that, no matter whom you spend your Valentine’s Day with, it’s a special day full of love. For any questions or advice about gifts, please come by Country Gardens Blair Florist, your local florist in Washington County, NE.