Flowers are a classic sign of love and romance, but they don’t have to be the only Valentine’s Day gift you give this year. You might decide you want to give your significant other something more permanent or creative as well, or your loved one might even be allergic to flowers. Whatever reason you’re looking beyond flowers this Valentine’s Day, your home décor shop in Washington County, NE is here to help. Read on for some tips and ideas about alternative Valentine’s gifts.
- Vases: If you want the romance of flowers but want your Valentine to have a permanent gift as well, a bouquet inside of a unique new vase is the perfect gift. Our vases range from refined to funky, and you can even coordinate colors to bring an extra layer of design to the floral arrangement.
- Candles: When you’ve got a hot new flame, candles are a great way to signify the delicate passion you feel for them. With a huge variety of scents, colors, shapes and sizes, candles also give you an opportunity to customize your Valentine’s gift.
- Coffee or tea: Something about the first cup of coffee in the morning or the last cup of tea before bed is so intimate, and providing that gift for your loved one gives you a chance to show that you know their tastes while also possibly introducing them to something new. Plus, tea can come with a whole lot of beautiful wrapping options.
- An anatomical heart: Everyone knows that a Valentine’s heart isn’t what a real human heart looks like at all. One popular trend in recent years has been to give Valentine’s gifts that use the shape or depiction of real hearts, such as posters, cards, mugs, and Jell-o molds. If your Valentine is more of a realist than a romantic, this could be the perfect gift for them.
- Chocolates: Sure, this is probably a Valentine’s gift as played-out as flowers, but as with flowers, chocolates give you an opportunity to think outside the box, if you’re so willing. Chocolates in flavors like chili, sea salt, red wine and pistachio provide a new twist on a classic romantic gift. Satisfy your loved one’s sweet side, while also proving you know them better than a generic box of nut and fruit chews.
- A romantic atmosphere: If you plan to seduce your Valentine with a romantic candlelit dinner at home, you can take the experience to the next level by adding some tasteful, romantic decorations. Your local home décor shop in Washington County, NE is sure to have a wide range of decorations, wrapping paper and more to give your Valentine’s night in the atmosphere it needs.
No matter what you give your loved one for Valentine’s Day, whether it’s a diamond ring or a homemade card, the old cliché is true: it’s the thought that counts. We wish you and your significant other a wonderful and romantic Valentine’s Day, from your local home décor shop in Washington County, NE.