Everyone buys flowers at some point in time during their life, whether it’s to give to a loved one on a special day, to add to their home in order to spruce up the décor or for some other reason. But, just because we all buy flowers, doesn’t necessarily mean we know anything about what we’re doing when we walk into a flower shop in Washington County, NE! In fact, you might not have any idea of what to ask for or what you want when the time comes for you to pick something out!
In order to help alleviate some of the confusion that can come with the overwhelming atmosphere of so many flowers and options, we’ve put together a few things you can and should consider when visiting a flower shop in Washington County, NE:
- Consider what your flowers are for, to help steer you in the right direction. For example, Valentine’s Day would be an easy concept to grasp onto—you know that pinks, reds and whites are all associated with the holiday and that roses are traditionally the prized flower! When it comes to something more difficult, like picking out flowers for someone’s birthday, consider things like favorite colors, favorite flora varieties or even personality, which can be reflected in different flower arrangements.
- Ask yourself how big you want your arrangement to be and how much you want to spend. Generally speaking, the bigger you go, the more expensive things are going to be —but also remember that bigger isn’t always better. Think about what you’re trying to say with your flowers and pick an appropriately sized arrangement accordingly.
- What’s going to happen to your flowers after you hand them over to the recipient? Often, people don’t think that far ahead and stop considering their flowers after they’ve been given to someone, but thinking proactively about what happens after that might put you on the right track to buying the right kind of arrangement. Perhaps you need a vase with your arrangement, to ensure that the flowers stay alive? Maybe you need an arrangement that’s going to look good on a kitchen table and not overwhelming against the décor of a home?
- Don’t be afraid to ask a florist for help! The reason that flower shops in Washington County, NE exist is so that people can seek professional help when it comes to arranging flowers—that’s what a florist is there for! Ask about different flower types, appropriate arrangement ideas and anything else you might be questioning yourself about.
- Make sure everything is to your liking! Arranging flowers is a fluid process that can be amended as many times as you see fit until the finished product meets your vision—don’t be afraid to make sure you’re paying for exactly what you want.
It’s okay to be a little confused when you enter a flower shop—just remember that, like anything else in life, it’s easy enough to understand what it is you’re looking to accomplish by taking the time to consider your surroundings and asking the right questions!