Flowers say a lot about an occasion—whether it’s a bright and beautiful bouquet that embodies the new life of a couple getting married or the stoic, comforting arrangement given to a family as they remember someone who has passed on. We give and receive flowers for all types of occasions, but do we ever stop to think about what those flowers might mean or say? Take a look at five occasions that are perfect for giving and receiving floral arrangements in Washington County, NE and what flowers can say about these events:
- Weddings: Look around at the next wedding you attend—you’re bound to see flowers in every direction! Whether they’re used as a tabletop centerpiece or they’re being held by the bride and her bridesmaids, flowers are used to accent weddings for a number of reasons, in a number of ways. Flowers can mean the start of a new beginning, illustrated by blossoming buds that open to reveal gorgeous flora; they can represent sheer beauty, which embodies the essence of what makes a wedding so special; or, they can show unity, when two types of flowers are paired together to make perfect floral arrangements that
captivate wedding attendees.
- Funerals: Flowers are also a major part of funerals for a couple of essential reasons. First and foremost, they’re comforting—we seek solace in the beauty of flowers because they stand out amongst all of the pain and sorrow. Second, flowers are a reminder that even in death, life can be beautiful. And finally, flowers can be symbolic of a passing—whether they represent tranquility or vibrancy, which might correspond with the way that a person lived their life.
- Christmas: Sometimes, flowers embody a particular message or meaning. This couldn’t be truer when it comes to holiday flower arrangements in Washington County, NE— especially those that are centered on poinsettias. Poinsettias represent faith and giving during the holiday season and can be traced back to the tale of a young Mexican girl who was too poor to afford gifts for an offering at her church, so she instead picked weeds, which eventually blossomed into beautiful poinsettias! Having poinsettias or other Christmas-themed floral arrangements in your home is a great way to show the joy and generosity that the holiday season is all about!
- Valentine’s Day: Will you be the kind of person who gives their love a dozen roses on Valentine’s Day? How about one single red rose? No matter what flowers you’re presenting your loved one with on Valentine’s Day, you can bet that there’s a heartfelt message behind them. Valentine’s Day is marked by flowers and being able to take someone’s breath away with an arrangement is one of the hallmarks of this special day.
- Birthdays: Giving someone flowers on their birthday is something that truly shows you care—especially when those flowers are perfectly arranged into a unique, one-of-a-kind bouquet that speaks to the traits of the person you’re giving it to! Whether it’s filled with their favorite colors or represents a menagerie of their favorite flora varieties, you can bet that whoever you’re giving an arrangement to is going to feel like they’re the center of attention, and rightfully so!
Flowers say more than you might think, regardless of the occasion! The next time a special event or a distinguished occasion is upon you, make sure that you’re sending the right message with the right floral arrangement in Washington County, NE.